What is Dogeparty?
Dogeparty is an open-source token creation platform that was deployed on top of Dogecoin in August 2014, based off of the Counterparty that was deployed earlier in the year and similar to Monaparty which was deployed in 2017 on top of Monacoin. Within just a year of the cryptocurrencies creation, community members had the ability to create their own tokens that were secured by the Dogecoin network. This allowed early participants the ability to partake in early token innovation and experimentation.
The native currency of Dogeparty is XDP, which was created by sending Dogecoin to a “burn address” and in return would receive XDP. This is relevant because XDP is required to be spent in order to mint a new token on the platform. There are a variety of ways to acquire this currency including small exchanges, the native DEX, and dispensers.
The first token created on the platform is known as LTBC, which was created to honor one of the Co-Founders of Dogeparty and creator of Let’s Talk Bitcoin!, Adam B. Levine. Although Dogeparty had a short run from 2014–2015 and then later revived in 2021, there are a handful of creators who have been crownd by the community as innovators and leaders including LittleShibe, Doggfather, and Daniel Spiller.
What you Need to Buy a Dogeparty NFT
Accessing the Dogeparty ecosystem is quite simple. You will need a handful of tools that are required to purchase and dispense tokens natively, which then can be Vaulted and sold on OpenSea or other EVM NFT Marketplaces.
Now that you have all the tools, follow one of these step-by-step instructions to purchase your first Counterparty NFT.
Dogeparty University Tutorials
1) Once the create tab is open click on “Next” to begin labeling your vault.
1) Emblem Vault recommends the “Vault Name” to be established as so:
NAME OF ASSET (YEAR TOKEN WAS MINTED)| BLOCKCHAIN | SUPPLY
EXAMPLE: JEDI (2014) | Dogeparty | 1/1000
2) Emblem Vault recommends the “Vault Description” to be established as so:
“THIS TOKEN was created on THIS SPECIFIC DATE by ARTIST/CREATOR/TEAM and is a supply of TOTAL SUPPLY OF SPECIFIC TOKEN.”
“INPUT ANY RELEVANT FACTUAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SPECIFIC TOKEN, PROJECT, TEAM, OR SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION HERE. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF DETAIL THAT CAN BE SHARED IN THE VAULT DESCRIPTION.”
EXAMPLE: JEDI was created on August 13th, 2014 by LittleShibe (https://twitter.com/rkgk_ac) and is a total supply of 1000. The image was later added in January 2022. For more info about LittleShibe go to https://www.littleshibeog.com/.
Dogeparty was created in August 2014, just 9 months after Counterparty has launched on Bitcoin. The platform initially had a short run as it shut down in 2015. During the 2021 NFT bull-run the Dogeparty Foundation came together to revive the platform and bring prosperity back to Dogecoin NFTs.
3) Click “Next” to move to additional vaulting steps.
1) Click on “Choose File”.
2) Choose an jpeg, jpg, gif, or MP4 file from your computer.
3) Click “Create Vault”
1) You’ll now notice that the owner of the vault is 0x0000.. which is what should be displayed. This means that the vault has been created but has yet to be minted on to the blockchain.
2) This is where your vaulted tokens will be displayed. Since the vault hasn’t been minted and tokens haven’t been sent to the vault yet, the vault will remain empty displaying “refreshing” until done so.
3) Click “Mint Vault”.
1) Click “Sign Message”.
2) Check Gas Fees and estimate the appropriate amount of gwei required measured against the amount of traffic on the Ethereum Network (this example is 13 gwei) You can EthGasStation.info for help!
3) Click to “Confirm” the transaction and mint your Emblem Vault.
Sending Dogeparty NFTs to your vault
Now that you have created a vault, you need to send your Dogeparty NFT to the vault. Failure to do so may get your vault flagged for removal.
1) Click “DOGE” under “Deposit Addresses” to view your Dogeparty wallet address.
2) Click on your address under “DOGE Address” to copy your wallet address.
Tip: Dogeparty is deployed on top of Dogecoin and both platforms share the same Dogecoin address.
Once your wallet address is copied head over to Dogewallet wallet of your choice. (Web or Desktop)
1) Open up DogeWallet and click “Send Funds”.
2) Paste in the copied DOGE Address from Emblem Vault into the “Destination” tab.
3) Choose the matching NFT under “Token Name” to the Emblem Vault you created.
4) Choose the correct “Amount” of tokens to send.
5) Click “Send Funds”.
Now head back to your vault and click “Refresh Balance”. After a few minutes your NFT should display inside of the vault. Congrats, you have successfully vaulted your very own Dogeparty NFT!
Bonus Tip: If you have any plans to crack open the vault in the future to bring your asset back on-chain then we recommend also vaulting some $DOGE inside. This will save you an additional step if you plan to move your asset from it’s imported wallet to a different location.
If you’d like to learn more about Emblem Vault checkout the links below: