How to Vault your Bitcoin Ordinals with Emblem
How to put an Ordinal in an Emblem Vault sending from SparrowWallet or any Taproot-enabled wallet.
⚠️ Note that this process is still in its early stages and there are risks involved so please DYOR and know that this is RISKY⚠️
- Step 1: **Note: If you already have an Emblem Vault minted you can skip to Step 13** Create an Emblem Vault Go to Emblem.Finance and click “Create”.
- Step 2: Connect your Ethereum wallet.
- Step 3: Under the “Make” tab — Ensure that your wallet address is correct (this address will own the Emblem Vault) — Select “Public” — Click “Next”.
- Step 4: Click “Choose File” and select an image that matches your Ordinal. So if you have a Bitcoin Punks you would put in your Punk image.
- Step 5: Once your image has loaded — and you are happy with how it looks — click “Create Vault”.
Note: If the image doesn’t look right, click on the file name and upload a different file.
- Step 6: This is IMPORTANT — if anything gets messed up here, do the following to get back to where you were in the process. — Refresh Emblem.Finance — Click “My Vaults” — Click “Not Minted” — Refresh the page This will give you a list of vaults you were making.
- Step 7: Click on the vault you were making.
- Step 8: Scroll down and click this button “Taproot”.
- Step 9: The Bitcoin wallet address contained within the Emblem Vault will pop up. Click on it to “Copy” the address. You will send the Ordinal to this address.
- Step 10: Click “Mint Vault” You will be asked to sign 2 transaction in you MetaMask.
- Step 11: The page will update to indicate that the Vault is in the process of being created.
- Step 12: Click “Approve Minting” — this only needs to be done once, so each subsequent vault you make will not need this step. This approves the transfer of COVAL to mint the vaults.
- Step 13: We are ready to transfer your Ordinal from your Sparrow wallet into the vault. Begin by clicking on “UTXOs” inside of Sparrow wallet.
- Step 14: Select the Ordinal that you want to transfer. ⚠️Make SURE you only select ONE ordinal.
- Step 15: Click “Send Selected”.
- Step 16: In the “Pay To” box paste in the Vault wallet address from Step 9.
- Step 17: In the “Label” box put the name of your Ordinal.
- Step 18: Click “Create Transaction”.
- Step 19: Click “Finalize Transaction for Signing”.
- Step 20: Click “Sign”.
- Step 21: Click “Broadcast Transaction”.
- Step 22: The status of the transaction will begin updating. This can take up to 10 minutes to finalize. But don’t wait for any sort of “Success” screen as the Ordinal will send quickly and this will just continue to show additional blockchain “Confirmations”.
Step 23: Once you see the transaction is confirmed head back over to your vault to see a BTC logo displayed inside of the vault.
Step 24: To confirm your Ordinal is inside of the vault you can cross reference that the “TAPROOT” wallet address inside of the vault matches the wallet address that is displayed on Ordinals.com
Now you have successfully vaulted your BTC Ordinal inside of an Emblem Vault!
If you’d like to learn more about Emblem Vault click on the links below:
- Twitter: @EmblemVault
- Youtube: Emblem Vault
- Website: Emblem.pro